Tuesday, June 25, 2013

God's provision.....

God continually knocks our socks off with the way He has provided for the needs in Mukono, Uganda.  God has also shown us just how much HE is in control.  There have been many nights when I have lost sleep trying to figure out how "I" was going to do this or how "We" were going to do that.  What God has faithfully shown us is that all He needs is obedience.  We don't really have to "Do" anything.

When Richard visited in May, I felt God pressing 2 things on my heart....staff salaries at the medical clinic and Ultrasound machine.  Logically...it just made sense for the ultrasound machine because it would produce income for the clinic, but more than that, I felt a personal commitment to it.  But, with school coming to an end, vacations, children at home, etc.....there simply wasn't time to work out the details.  The only thing I could find the time to do was create the blog and share it.  And that was all God needed from me.

This morning, I am happy to share with you that we have just about 1/2 of what we need for staff salaries for the year....$7400.  PRAISE GOD!  The Spirit is moving and I believe the full $15,000 will be raised.

But...that isn't all.  I called Richard to share the news with him.  He was so excited and could barely speak.  We didn't speak about the ultrasound machine because honestly....I didn't feel like I had the bandwidth to do a fundraiser right now.  Before we hung up, he told me they had a small...yet urgent need.  5 women in the community are due to deliver in the next month or so and they really need a gynecological bed.  The cost is $350.  Believing this was absolutely doable, I said we could raise the funds.  I knew I could carve out the time to do a fundraiser for this small amount.  I shared with Project HOPEFUL the  need, asked if we could pull together a fundraiser and received a "YES!  GO! GO! GO!  So, we began posting on Facebook and the donations started coming in.  But then a received an email that I was NOT expecting.  In a nutshell, it said this:

THE ULTRASOUND MACHINE IS PAID FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say WHAT??  I wasn't even working on that!  HOW DID THAT HAPPEN???

Praise the Lord!!!  I love it when God just shows up and shows off!  Did the bed get paid for?  Yes, of course it did....because He is faithful!

So, I had the honor of calling Richard back and it went something like this:

Me:  "Richard....the bed is paid for!"
Richard: "Praise be to God Dawn, this is wonderful news"
Me: "Oh...and one other little thing.  The ultrasound machine is also paid for"
Richard:  "What?  You are joking with me Dawn.  Are you serious?  I am falling off my chair.  Praise be to God...Praise be to God!"

I have been completely humbled today.  Seeing God's word lived out is something that will always bring me to my knees.

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? - Matthew 6:26

There are still MANY needs in Mukono and much work to be done.  We are making a commitment to keeping ya'll updated and will do so through the blog and email. We would love to continue to grow and build this ministry.  If you have friend or family who have a heart for Africa ministries, please share Genda Uganda with them.

In Christ,
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment