Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Let the children come to me......

My expectations were low, I mean after all....it was a group of 6th to 8th graders.  Once again, here I was with "little faith".  You'd think I would have learned by now.

Sunday I was up with the Rise group of Grace Covenant church.  I'd shared the previous week about the work of Sole Hope and we were collecting funds for shoes.  I expected 20-30 kids to purchase shoes.  To say my mind was blown  when 54 pairs of shoes were purchased is an understatement.

Imagine how I felt when a precious 13 year old hand me $100.  I asked her "how many pairs are you purchasing" and she responded "10".  I asked her "Sweetie....is this money that you saved" and she said "yes".  God bless that sweet child.  Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. - Mark 10:14

To date, 86 pairs of shoes have been purchased!  We are so excited about the response.  We still have 214 pair of shoes that  need to be purchased and I am NOT going to take the "little faith" road.....I'm going to choose the "great, big, huge faith road".

Please consider joining us and donating a pair of shoes.  You can use the button below to donate.  $9 is all it takes.  Please add "shoes for Bibbo" in notes.

We have a number system in place and we are giving these prayer cards to those who donate. It is our hope to collect letters from the children who receive your shoes so that we can return them to you.

Oh...and one other little....no GREAT BIG HUGE PRAISE.  The school these children attend?  Bibbo school....the one funds were raised for in August?  Ya, that one.  Well....IT IS FINISHED!!!  We will be sharing pictures SOON!!!

Please join me in thanking the Lord for the way He has provided for His children in Uganda.

In Christ,
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment